Resources for Seniors
The Senior Resource Center for Douglas County is your go-to place for anything related to being a senior.
Whether you are a new senior looking for ways to design your retirement to fit your dreams, are suddenly in a crisis and need help navigating a complicated list of resources, or are a family member wondering what options are available, SRC is your first place to go.
If we don’t provide what you want, if it exists we can help you find it.
SRC itself provides:
- The Senior Center where seniors can drop in to read the paper, watch TV, have a cup of coffee, or just hang out
- Events, such as seminars, community forums, and so forth
- Classes, such as Spanish, Math, Writing Your Memoirs, Cooking on a Budget, and much more
- Community groups, such as the New Horizons Band, Intergenerational Choir, Tuesday Downtown Painters, and classes sponsored by the Lawrence Arts Center and Lawrence Parks and Recreation
- Games, such as Scrabble Club and billiards
- Support groups, such as Caregiver Support
- Advice and help, such as Legal Aid, AARP Tax-Aide Assistance, and Medicare enrollment
- Rides for seniors to the doctor, the grocery store, or wherever in Douglas County you want to go
- Home-delivered meals
- Services, such as Safe Winter Walkways snow removal and free fans in the summertime
- Arts and entertainment scholarships, senior discounts, and free tickets
Senior Resource Center for Douglas County partners with organizations and governments throughout the county and state to provide many additional advantages for seniors. If it has to do with seniors, SRC knows about it or will find out for you!
For more information about the SRC can do for you, call Charlene at (785) 727-7871 or contact us using our online form.