Safety & Security
Everyone needs to be safe and secure, especially in the home. The Senior Resource Center for Douglas County can help you find the following services:
- Trustworthy home security companies
- Winter snow shoveling for safe walkways
- In-home assessments and recommendations for improving the safety of your home
- Modifications for your home for safer movement, chair lifts, and other adaptations you may not have considered
- Daily check-ins to assure you or your loved one is safe and responding
- Guidelines to prevent falls
- Assessments to gauge your safety for living alone
Contact Janet at (785) 727-7873 or contact us using our online form.
If you are no longer a safe driver, our Senior Wheels program can take you anywhere in Douglas County. Click here for information, call Terri at (785) 727-7876, or contact us using our online form.