Resources for Seniors
The Senior Resource Center for Douglas County is your go-to place for anything related to being a senior.
Whether you are a new senior looking for ways to design your retirement to fit your dreams, are suddenly in a crisis and need help navigating a complicated list of resources, or are a family member wondering what options are available, SRC is your first place to go.
If we don’t provide what you want, if it exists we can help you find it.
SRC itself provides:
- Advice and help, such as Legal Aid, AARP Tax-Aide Assistance, and Medicare enrollment and counseling
- Rides for seniors to the doctor, the grocery store, or wherever in Douglas County you want to go
- Lifelong learning with classes sponsored by the Lawrence Arts Center, Lawrence Parks and Recreation, and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Presentations, such as AARP Smart Driving, Just Cook for Seniors with Just Food, and ongoing health presentations and screenings from LMH Health
- Community groups, such as the Intergenerational Choir, the New Horizons Band, and our own Tuesday Painters
- Games room with space for groups, such as Scrabble Club, billiards, and darts
- Support groups, such as Caregiver Support
- Partnerships for services, such as the City of Lawrence Safe Winter Walkways program for snow removal
The Senior Resource Center for Douglas County is here for you no matter your need. Our staff are available for consultations to help you find the information and resources that you need.
Senior Resource Center for Douglas County partners with organizations and governments throughout the county and state to provide many additional advantages for seniors. If it has to do with seniors, SRC knows about it or will find out for you!
For more information about what the SRC can do for you, call 785-842-0543 or contact us using our online form.